Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Two Poems by Rikki Willis

James 4:13-17
Come now, you who say, “Today or tomorrow we will go into such and such a town and spend a year there and trade and make a profit”— yet you do not know what tomorrow will bring. What is your life? For you are a mist that appears for a little time and then vanishes. Instead you ought to say, “If the Lord wills, we will live and do this or that.” As it is, you boast in your arrogance. All such boasting is evil. So whoever knows the right thing to do and fails to do it, for him it is sin.


Oceanside
The oceans remind me
That I am not in control.
Its vast and limitless and strong.
No one but God can tame it.
It's lovely and scary.
The sound of it is calming.

I am not in control.
Its beauty can be unspeakable.
I am overcome
Watching the sun disappear into it...
Overwhelming.






Loneliness can happen in the middle of a full room! I have been an island of one. Fighting a silent battle. Angry!

But God…

God sends peace.
God sends hope.
God sends love.
Through His people.

In my silence and distance I have observed that more people are flawed. I can’t handle it. I want to confront everyone that I find to be out of sync with God’s will.

But I am out of sync. Blessed are the peacemakers (Matthew 5:9) … I want to yell, fight, scream, say all the bad words with STRONG CONVICTION!

I am out of sync … and no one really cares! Loneliness.

My heart in the wrong place. I am broken. I am questioning myself and not trusting God. I am not being content, not thinking about God, and surely not loving His people.

But God …

God sends peace.
God sends hope.
God sends love.
Through His people.

I ignore them. I don’t like them. I am tired of their fake, pretending to care, “hi” on Sunday but not really concerned on Tuesday, I am so wrapped up in my own business. Impersonal. I am going to send you a text message instead of calling, I mean real calling, showing up to someone’s house to dig into their life, invade their space. Love them.

I have been out of sync … Yesterday morning God sent me great peace through His people via email (didn’t I just talk about invading people's space). I have been out of sync and in the wrong… I must apologize (repent) to a few for my action. (This reminds me of something I wrote a few years ago.)

But I have been out of sync… LIFE IS NOT ABOUT ME AND IT’S NOT ABOUT YOU!
Life is about GOD! God is holy. God is righteous. God is the great I AM!
I am just a vapor and shall get back to the Lord’s business.





No comments: