Tuesday, July 6, 2010

"Scandalous: The Cross and Resurrection of Jesus" by D.A. Carson



Scandalous consists of 5 chapters in which Carson goes through a different passage of Scripture. He digs through them, pulling out deep truths about Christ, the cross, our battle against Satan's rage, and the resurrection. Each chapter is full of rich biblical and theological thoughts that kept my mind racing as I attempted to digest it.

Not only is the book a wonderful read because of the topics but if you pay attention, the chapters are also a tutorial on how to read your Bible. Carson is one of those voices that I like my mind and heart to have a steady diet of because I grow in understanding how to read Scripture. Paying attention to Carson's exegesis of Scripture will teach you how to read your Bible and put it together. I highly recommend any of his writings or sermons. If you are new to Carson, this is a great book to start with.

No comments: